I decided to go with a classic finish of boiled linseed oil and shellac for this piece. I have trouble finding a finish that better highlights the natural beauty of wood, especially when there is interesting grain or figure. I also believe shellac is a lot more durable than most people give it credit for being. Due to the enclosed winter conditions of my shop, I went with a brushed application, rather than spraying. I found the process to be rather simple, and considering the time to set up and clean a spray gun, perhaps even the faster of the two options. I'm thrilled with the final product, and plan to use a lot more stringing in future projects. Stay tuned for a few upcoming "bonus" episodes that will make good use of the leftover scrap from this project. Enjoy!