You can also view my gallery at Designs en Bois.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Learn to accessorize!

Well, it appears the tool chest came out as the clear cut winner of the viewers choice awards, so over the next week or so I will start working on my design.  In the meantime, as promised I have some bonus footage on a few desk accessories to post.  I'm building a note pad holder, pen/pencil holder, and business card holder using cutoff scrap from the walnut writing desk project.  The note pad holder is first, and will actually have to be broken in to two episodes.  This first video documents the basic construction, along with the use of my Rockler box joint jig.  The second episode will cover some more stringing inlay, as well as a new pore filler product test.  These are fairly easy projects that require only basic tools, so even if you're not ready for bent laminations and hand cut dovetails, fear not.



1 comment:

Vic Hubbard said...

I might look at these accessories for Christmas gifts next year. Thanks for the idea.