You can also view my gallery at Designs en Bois.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Getting my step stool in shape

OK sawdust lovers, buckle your seat belts.  I'm going to try to put out three new episodes in the next three weeks because I have a special series recorded and ready to go.  I'm going to show you how I built a one day table (no screws, brads, or any cheating) by demoing the new Festool Domino XL joiner.  However, I need to get the last two episodes of the step stool project out first, so I'm going to really push my production schedule to get caught up.

In this latest episode of the step stool project, it's all about shaping.  This is where I had an opportunity to really add some style and some flair to the contours of the sides and steps.  It was a lot of hard work using quite a bit of hand tools, but in the end I think it will really distinguish the piece.  So enjoy, and look for the final episode coming up next week where I do the glue-up, a lot of sanding, and the finish.



Right click to download the HD version of this video

No comments: