You can also view my gallery at Designs en Bois.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Finally fitting some joints!

I have a 3 week backlog of video, but managed to get week 5 knocked out. In this episode, I finish fitting the wedged tenons, glue up the base side assemblies, and knock in my tenon wedges. This is also the first episode where I make use of the bandsaw (nice plug for Rikon here). Week 5 1/2 and 6 will both focus on the construction and fitting of the dovetail lap joints, at which point I will have a working bench ready for vises and dog holes. Enjoy, and look for more video probably later this week.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Rob. Just wanted to say your work looks great. I am almost finished building the same bench. One thing on the through wedged tenons, if you remove material from the mortise instead of the tenon you get a much stronger joint. this will create a internal dovetail that can not pull apart.