You can also view my gallery at Designs en Bois.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Not sure what you call these

I'm chopping the half-lap joints today that attach the stretchers to the front halves of the bench legs. I'm not sure what you call these - half-lap dovetails often mean half-blind dovetails. Anyway, here's a picture of what the joints need to look like.

1 comment:

Rob Bois said...

This is apparently called a dovetail half-lap joint. Thanks to the guys on the wood whisperer chat room for that info.