You can also view my gallery at Designs en Bois.

Monday, December 28, 2009

More shop progress....

Well after a few days off for Christmas, I'm back working on the shop annex project. I'm still working on framing and insulating, but I've gotten to the point where the space is starting to take shape. I should be at a point to start closing in the walls in the next day or two. I'm keeping my eye on the prize - the jointer, which arrived last week. It's still in it's crate waiting for me to finish drywalling, so I can start assembly. I'll be honest - this requires a GREAT deal of patience continuing to bang nails knowing there is 500 lbs. of gold beauty waiting to roar to life. I have a few new pics showing the progress, as well as the gold giant still slumbering in it's plywood lair. Hopefully, I'll have pics of it fully assembled by the end of the week!

1 comment:

Morton said...

That's a beauty! Let me know if you need a hand setting all that cast iron up ;)

I know when I unboxed my Grizzly 8" jointer, it was awesome. Great piece of equip to have in the shop!