You can also view my gallery at Designs en Bois.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The importance of having a nice bottom...

I apologize once again for skipping around a bit on the last few posts, but the Bois Shop has been very busy over the past few months with lots of different projects. That being said, I do have the final episode of the six leg huntboard project, where I go in depth as to how I constructed the cabinet bottoms. While this sounds like a trivial detail, I think using nice frame and panel hardwood cabinet bottoms provides that extra touch for a hand made piece. I'm not planning to cover the finish process, mainly because I have already done an episode on my finishing technique for cherry. I will of course post pictures of the finished project once it is completed. Stay tuned for my next project - it's going to be a bit of a twist as I'm going to try to keep the finished product a secret until the end.

No comments: