You can also view my gallery at Designs en Bois.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fast forward to the past?

First, I want to extend my apologies for being a complete and utter slacker this summer. I had every intention of having my tool chest of drawers completed by now, but I didn’t take into account that pretty much every weekend in June and July was accounted for. Well, I’m back from my sister’s wedding, and will actually get some time to keep moving on the project. The sliding dovetailed drawer blades and web frames should be wrapped up by the end of the weekend. In the meantime, I thought I would do a little bit of retro audio blogging in the interim.

I’ve found that Google+ has really seemed to attract woodworkers as early adopters. I recently got involved in an interesting discussion about whether or not it makes sense to study period furniture designs and techniques or if that might cloud your creativity. It was such an interesting topic, I thought I’d do a podcast episode on it. That’s right, just me talking – no video. I’ll see how it goes, and I might sprinkle a few more audio-only episodes in here and there for more philosophical discussions (as always, I’m sure you won’t be shy with your feedback and comments).



Right Click to Download the mp3

2 comments:

Danny said...

what is google+

Rob Bois said...

I'm starting to wonder that a bit myself :) It's google's social response to the fact that social traffic is now creeping up on search. plus.google.com