I knew this project was going to include a ton of dovetails. I just didn't realize quite how many. Further complicating matters, few of the drawers are actually the same height to I needed to lay out a different set of tails for each tier in this chest of drawers. But to make things a bit easier on myself, I really just "eye-balled" the layouts rather than actually measuring everything out. The first few drawers it really offended my OCD, but by the end I was just happy to have the drawers finished. I've managed to distill the process down into about 20 minutes of video, but the real elapsed time for this process was probably about 15 hours. And lets just say I also did my fair share of sharpening along the way as well.
Right click to download the HD version of this video