With the drawers now done, I was able to turn my attention to some of the final details of this build. I went back and forth on what to do for the base, and finally settled on bracket feet. I haven’t done these before, but I wanted to add some curves to offset the stepped-front and also give the base a little more width and elevation. I ended up shooting quite a bit of footage for my process for designing and building the feet, so I’m actually breaking this into two parts. This is Part I which concentrates on the design and glue-up, and Part II will detail the process of coving the profiles out. That may sound to some like the reverse order, but bracket feet are definitely a bit of a unique process. Look for Part II to follow shortly (I don’t want to leave this cliff-hanger out too long).
Right click to download the HD version of this video.